Sunday, May 2, 2010

This Day That Age….

I walk…
to see the road where I played on
The last bench where I used to sit and Yawn…
The tree which was my cricket stump
School Bag where in Books I used to dump..

I see The Road now dressed in Tar…
The tree is Old and not the cricketers are…
I didn’t recognize it and the bag Did…
And the same bench with new yawning Kid…

I walk to see this similarity in the difference
The strange feel painted a Smile on my lip
New memory poured in each time coffee I sip..
Slowly in shining dusk I again walk
With memories sharing my Talk…

I see a granny starring at me in yearn
I walked to her for a curious Learn..
She smiled, softy slapped me and I was quite…
To hear her say ‘idiot you are still of same height’….
I remember the play I played in her Lawn…
I could only smile at the pace time has Gone..

I walk…
I Step ahead Turning this memory Page…
As if rest is young and I am in Old Age…
A Lady, Nomination of Crush whom I once Filed…
Is now walking the road with her Child… J
I hereby Withdraw my memory which is withdrawn
I could only smile at the pace, time has Gone..

I walk
To see my footprints On the sand of time…
to see the school where I hymned my Rhyme…
The College Lab punished where I was for Gum Chewing…
Where I didn’t know even what I wasn’t doing J…
The Room where I had to push my cloths aside to sleep…
The class where my Base I never used to Keep…
The Notice board which screamed our rusticated names…
For our play played in ‘Jumping the Hostel Gate’ Games…
wicked but sounds witty today, the age I walked On..
I could only smile at the pace, time has Gone..

1 comment: