Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Last Day in KPIT

23-Sep-2007: I stepped in KPIT Peenya Blore office gate, with a bemused mind as where to find the reception. I sat on the Sofa to see her starring at me every alternate 10 Minutes. I was offered coffee which I stylishly rejected. I waited as long as 2 Hrs and then repented saying NO to coffee (Style sometimes doesn’t work).

I was called for the interview which lasted for around 1 and half hour.

I with no emotions stepped out of office as this was not my first rejection in an interview (I was rejected in around 20 companies and 3 companies short listed me and then rejected seeing my academic score J).

Academic score of mine was designed for rejection.

Please have a look into my BE Academic Score table:

Total Number of Theory Exams : 44
Total Lab Exams : 14
Seminar :1
Project :1
Total Maximum Marks : 6675
Total Marks Obtained :3944
Percentage :59.086
Back Logs : 4 ( 3 cleared in next attempt, 1 cleared in third attempt)


The next day (24-Sep-2007) was the First T20 world cup finals ( India v/s Pakistan) I thoroughly enjoyed the match forgetting that I had attended an interview and was rejected ( I was used to it by then J ).

As usual after this hectic night show, I was still in bed at around 10 AM when I got a call that revealed the news of me being short listed for the second round of interview in KPIT.

The interview was scheduled at 12 PM the same day and I was at the Peenya office again at 11 30 AM (needless to say, without bath!)

I was interviewed for the second time and immediately HR round then the offer letter I received.

I was asked ‘Shiva, how early you can join’ I again stylishly said day-after-tomorrow (Thursday) to hear ‘great, see you on Thursday then at 9 30 AM’ (Sometimes Style doesn’t work second time as well).

A drop was added to the KPIT Ocean on 27-Sep-2007

(Engineering marks doesn’t matter. The marks are just as our names. They just convey nothing. )

27-Sep-2007: At sharp 9 30 AM I was sitting on a chair in a training hall that read ‘Basic SDPM training’. Many baffling words like SDPS, continuity, screen, PPPD, etc were thrown in the training which honestly and obviously didn’t enter my stupid mind. And I was stupid for the next day even (training was also on the second day).

I slowly started understanding the work, picked up, started enjoying my consultancy that offered and required both process knowledge, and soft skills to implement the process learnt.
Dhoom, then Quest 08 came in, then Annual day and so on…. This made me both comfortable and normal.

I got my first salary of my Life from KPIT.

I cannot forget this. (It’s said, we cannot forget our first company and first wife!) J

I received Complaints of being extra aggressive.
“How you tell is important than what you tell” – though we have a valid point but the way we express it, matters more. Seniors taught me this...

Seniors: Suresh A U, Shashidarshan V Pai, MGM, Sandeep Banthiya, Jawad Ali, Veena Muralidhara, Praveen Shivappa Shastry, Prashant Patil, Ramesh B, Jaya Prabhu A, Md. Afzal, Nameeta Nayak, Kowshik MS,

I thank them for their selfless suggestions.

I take these learning with me.

Each talk has given me the experience of Responsibility.
Each Day has given me the experience of experience.
Each heated discussion has given me the sense of knowledge.
Those heated arguments, night outs; screen meeting, releases, talks (fights rather) on SCR Impact Analysis, those elucidations in CCB Meeting.
What all and what not.

I simply cherish those moments.

It’s said,
“We stay amicable we forget, we quarrel we remember”.

Thanks for all those wrangles. J

Thanks to PEG to correct every mistake of mine and making me learn from them and grow up.

Special thanks to Dhoom team, Friends, post lunch- cigarette team, Weekend Cricket Team.
Reach me on shivdainak@gmail.com

Shiva....

3 comments:

  1. Good one shiva.. i wonder why u didnt bring up the shaving part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)...
    it was going ponderously long so thot f cutting it short...

    ReplyDelete
  3. wen was ur last day?? was this ur good bye email??

    ReplyDelete